The Bear Island Mill is the newest addition to the Cascades Containerboard Packaging lineup. This state-of-the-art facility will offer one of the lightest high end, 100% recycled linerboard and medium products on the market. The mill has recently begun production, and successful candidates can expect to start immediately.
- Follow all safety rules and standard operational procedures
- Ensure continuous production of their department with fellow operators
- Provide support for the problem-solving process and the improvement process
- Attend and participate in daily crew meetings
- Learn the layout of the mill and gain knowledge of the end-to-end papermaking process
- Assist as general labor on equipment shutdowns
- Completes other tasks as requested by supervisor
Skills & Experience
The Paper Machine Operators joining the team should possess the following skills and adhere to these specifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Must be mechanically inclined and understand mechanical principles
- Some manufacturing experience required, and consistent work history preferred
- Must show a commitment to an interdependent safety-first attitude
- Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization’s goals and objectives
- This job entails bending, walking, lifting, and climbing throughout the shift
- Ability to work independently and in a team empowerment culture
- Highly flexible with the ability to adjust to the demands of the job, produce high quality work, and can be depended on to complete assigned tasks. Must be a self-starter
- Ability to communicate well with others and able to participate in team meetings
- Must be available for rotation shifts, overtime, and job family rotation
- Superior attendance record
- Applicants are required to pass background check, physical/drug screen, and a resume must be included with the application to be considered.
Why Work at Cascades
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong company culture
- Profit sharing and 401K options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge career advancement opportunities
- PPE Allowance
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe....