Job Title: Machine Operator
We are looking to fill a Machine Operator position at our Richmond location. This is a rotating position so you need to be available for all shifts. If you have experience as a machine operator we are looking for you. If you or someone you know would be interested in this position don't hesitate and apply today.
Why Work For Cascades
- Starting rate - $23.02/hour
- July 2023 - $26.97/hour
- Extended health benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. Premiums are covered 100% by the company.
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability benefits premiums covered 70% employer and 30% employee.
- Pension Plan. The contribution levels are 10% employer contribution and 8% employee contribution with bridging benefits at the age of 60.
- Lead hand and First Aid Premiums available
- Employee & Family Assistance Program is available.
- 2 - 7 weeks of vacation, pending years of service.
- Supplemental vacation after 5 years of continuous service.
- 13 paid plant holidays (all statutory holidays including Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, and one floating holiday).
- Opportunity for overtime.
- A Share Purchase Plan after one year of continuous service
- Profit sharing that is unique to all other companies after one year of service
- Work as part of a progressive team to achieve production KPIs
- Be available for a three-shift rotation including days, afternoons, graveyards and weekends
- Be available for both 8 and 12-hour shifts
- Operate machinery in a safe and controlled manner
- Demonstrated ability to work safely utilizing safe work guidelines and established safe work practices
- Demonstrated ability to perform quality checks on the finished product
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment working on production machinery
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis
- Must be mechanically and mathematically inclined
- Ability to read production specification sheets
- Must be computer literate – previous work experience with CTI will be considered an asset
- An energetic, enthusiastic and goal-oriented approach
- Demonstrate the fundamental values of Cascades Richmond (Naturally Respectful, Strong Together, Speak Truthfully, Fierce Determination)
- Comfortable working in a unionized environment.
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.