Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Planner’s mission is to produce a weekly schedule for planned maintenance orders for work in progress and for planned shutdown work in order to meet his or her unit’s operational objectives. You thus evaluate and maximize the availability of equipment and workforce needed to perform maintenance work. Finally, you continuously improve and maintain the maintenance and reliability management systems up to date. As a result, you actively contribute to the optimization of your unit’s operational efficiency and performance.
The successful candidate will have the following main responsibilities in the role of Maintenance Planner:
- Work closely with Millwright LeadHand and Sr. Electrician daily to discuss part ordering due to the corrective work orders.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor to discuss the work order schedules and PM work orders.
- Work closely with the Reliability Leads to discuss the work orders for machine reliability.
- Set-up the kitting part list.
- Set-up the work order removal/installation instructions with the Reliability Leads.
- Advise the Maintenance Supervisor which work order is ready with parts.
- Organize work with contractors.
- Follow up on the completion of work orders.
- Release work orders through the CMMS system.
- Schedule the work orders base on the directions of the Maintenance Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications in the role of Maintenance Planner:
- Must have basic mechanical/electrical knowledge to recognize parts such as power transmission parts: bearings, belts, sprockets, fuses, relays, contactors, wires, motors.
- Journeyman ticket such as a millwright or an electrician would be an asset.
- A degree or diploma in any of the following fields of study: mechanical/electrical technologist diploma, a degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of SAP, HIPPO/CMMS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) will be considered an asset.
Experiences and strengths
Exemplary rigour in assuming your responsibilities
Ability to proactively address issues and problems by proposing solutions
A willingness to seize improvement opportunities and satisfy business partners
Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels
Ability to carry out a number of projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines and priorities
Strong sense of responsibility
Ability to support and advise business partners on occupational health and safety issues
Proficiency in written and spoken English
Agility needed to work with various technological tools
Core competencies defined for this jobPlanning and organizingInitiativeTeamwork*Health and safetyAccountabilityRigourSummary of Benefits
The successful candidate will be eligible for the following benefit programs:
- Profit Sharing following 1 year of continuous service.
- Employee benefits including - Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D coverage, Critical Illness, Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage.
- Extra Flex Benefits following the completion of the probationary period.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan following 3 months of service.
- Vacation plan of 3 - 7 weeks based on years of service.
- Share Purchase Plan following 3 months of continuous service.
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.