The Maintenance Supervisor mission is to achieve the unit's operational objectives by effectively managing maintenance employees and subcontractors and ensuring high quality work. You control OHS risks within your unit by encouraging best maintenance practices’ adoption and ensuring the accuracy of planned work schedules. You also build a mobilized and competent team and support their initiatives to improve maintenance processes and practices. Finally, you contribute to the reliability system processes’ rigorous application to optimize your unit's operational efficiency and performance.
Why work at Cascades
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Weekly Pay
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong Company Culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge Career Advancement Opportunities
- PPE Allowance
- Effectively implement the schedule of planned work orders
- Ensure the quality of the work of maintenance teams under your responsibility
- Ensure monitoring of the OHS risks identified in your sector
- Ensure optimal execution of operations through the attainment of occupational health and safety targets
- Engage and develop all your employees
- Manage maintenance employees and subcontractors under your responsibility
- Adhere to allocated maintenance budgets
- Apply, maintain and improve reliability system processes
- Ensure operational excellence and solve problems by making recommendations to your manager
Experiences and strengths
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions and rallying your team around objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to handle projects based on their scope, budget and timelines
- Ability to help team members develop and achieve their goals
- Sound judgment and the experience to choose the best solution after analyzing the situation
- Ability to support and advise business partners on occupational health and safety issues
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
Core competencies defined for this jobDecision-makingFlexibility and ability to adapt*Health and safetyRigourCoachingTeam leadership
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.