Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.Your challenge!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is a servant leader who can rally a team, who serves as an expert in maintenance and reliability and it's mission is to contribute to the achievement of his or her unit's operational strategy by coordinating maintenance activities in collaboration with production. In addition, you ensure that your group's OHS objectives are met by developing and implementing the reliability program and effectively managing equipment availability. You also build a mobilized and competent team and support their initiatives to improve maintenance practices. Finally, you ensure rigorous follow-up of maintenance processes to optimize your unit's operational efficiency and performance. The Plant is running on 3 shifts therefore, the Maintenance Supervisor will have employees to support on all shifts and will be involved with on-call and weekends support as needed.Your responsibilities
- Develop and implement your business unit’s reliability program
- Reach your business unit’s equipment availability targets
- Develop and adhere to your business unit’s maintenance budgets
- Achieve the maintenance group’s OHS performance targets
- Implement operational maintenance excellence processes and monitor them rigorously
- Ensure optimal execution of operations through the attainment of occupational health and safety targets
- Engage and develop all your employees
- Establish priorities for maintenance activities and coordinate them in collaboration with production
- University's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent of combined education and experience
- Three(3) to five (5) year's experience in a leadership role
- Five (5) to ten (10) year's experience in manufacturing
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions and rallying your team around objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent communication skills
- Rigour and agility to handle projects based on their scope, budget and timelines
- Ability to help team members develop and achieve their goals
- Ability to carry out a number of projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines
- Ability to support and advise business partners on occupational health and safety issues
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP is an asset
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 business units located in North America and Europe.