Working as a Maintenance Technician reporting into the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing many different electrical and mechanical aspects of the facility.Job Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install equipment safely, efficiently and in compliance with all plant policies and procedures
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair on equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturing specifications
- Perform work on Electro-Mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems, and other paper converting equipment
- Develop procedures for improved knowledge on machine operation, change over and troubleshooting
- Train others on machine operation, changeover and troubleshooting processes
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 2 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR working towards an Associate's Degree in a related field is ideal
- Prior experience with electrical, PLC’s, AC and DC motors and drive controls is preferred
- Experience with conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics and electro-mechanical equipment is preferred
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic schematics / blueprints
- Maintains strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 35 lbs
- Capable of performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods
- Must be willing to complete Maintenance Multicraft training
- Prior experience working with hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Installation and troubleshooting with various types of machinery
- Must be able to work 4 12-hour shifts, including days, nights, holidays and weekends, as well as overtime potential
- PLEASE NOTE: A resume must be included with the application.
- Starting wage is $23.66 + / hour based on experience with room to progress quickly
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong company culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge career advancement opportunities
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe....