Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to head the application development team which play a critical role in a specific area of Air Canada’s corporate services space. The person will be responsible for many of our Finance applications and systems. Responsibility also includes leading a team of business analysts and product owners. This position requires strong knowledge in business acumen, vendor management, and team (and virtual team) leadership. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies, to build and lead a strong technical team of staff and supporting partners, and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow. Air Canada manages a complex environment with many external dependencies and proper planning and documentation are keys to success. This position will be reporting to “Director, Application Development and Maintenance” responsible for corporate services applications. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Air Canada business teams, IT BA’s, Specialists and relevant stakeholders to plan and deploy platform components aligned with key business objectives.
- Develop medium term plans, budgets, and operating improvement.
- Be a visible and vocal change agent for resilient and performant services.
- Lead a team of business analysts and product owners that develop, deliver, and maintain corporate applications and systems as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products
- Manage a diverse team of internal staff and external vendors to deliver projects, initiatives and complex changes on time, and on-budget, while maintaining a laser focus on risk management and the end user experience.
- Manage the relevant budget and accruals.
- Collaborate with internal and external technical and business experts to ensure long term planning and alignment of the platform technology requirements.
- Act as IT SME on large corporate initiatives ensuring stakeholders are consulted on decisions and kept abreast of status, risks and issues.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, and onboarding employees
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy work environment including development of personal growth opportunities for reporting employees
- Communicate job expectations, monitoring, and appraising employee performance
- Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to employees
- Support Air Canadas governance strategies by ensuring the application platforms are operating within the defined SDLC, ITIL and Cyber risk frameworks.
- Manage the delivery of new components and enhancements
- Ensure the stability, availability and performance of the applications and tools
- Ensure alignment and compliance with internal IT standards related to operations, quality and security
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- 10+ years of IT technology experience, 3+ managing teams in a large, complex organizations
- Experience in managing corporate and enterprise applications a significant benefit
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and autonomous worker, capable of motivating others
- Possesses an investigative nature
- Results oriented with a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- A team player with ability to work closely and cooperatively with diverse groups and working styles
- Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the organization. Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when required
- Willingness to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Linguistic Requirements Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.