Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Reporting to the Manager, Engine Maintenance and Cost Optimization, this position will act as the primary point of contact within the Engine business unit for all engine contract negotiations, execution, and management... Responsibilities will also include commercial/business and financial analysis of contract, contractual KPI development and reporting and identification of cost reduction opportunities. This position will interface with all levels of management and numerous functions across several AC branches. Responsibilities: (Budget, Impact Influence, Supervisory extend required)
- In collaboration with Strategic Procurement, lead the preparation, negotiations, execution, financial analysis, and interface with other branches/department for engine and APU maintenance contracts, commercial support agreements and purchase/sale of engine assets ($150M annually).
- Solicit and review bids for maintenance services or sourcing of assets and coordinate this process with the respective Engine Manager to ensure they meet AC bid requirements including the comparison/competitive data and reports.
- Review and approve contracts including amendments to or extension of these contracts in coordination with the respective Engine Manager.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and central point of contact within the Engine team for all engine contracts
- Provide leadership regarding the understanding and compliance of contractual rights and obligations and provide training as necessary to the operating teams.
- Liaise with numerous internal stakeholders (i.e. Legal, Tax, Insurance, Finance, Strategic Purchasing, Fleet Transactions) as well external entities such as existing and potential vendors, other airlines, etc.
- Maintain the departmental database/files of all executed contracts and ensure files are audit ready.
- Compile benchmarking data to identify opportunities and ensure competitive bids/pricing are received.
- Develop, monitor and report contractual KPIs for all contracts.
- Proactively identify concerns and opportunities by performing financial analysis and performance data trending.
- Audit contracts and process to ensure requirements and standards are consistently applied.
- University degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years of experience with contract negotiations and administration, preferably in an aerospace environment.
- Engine Maintenance experience is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of legal and commercial contractual clauses.
- Superior planning and organization abilities to efficiently manage time, money, and other resources to achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team with minimal supervision and must have strong organizational skills with an aptitude to juggle priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong and effective relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Work, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Familiar with a variety of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.