Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Reporting to the Manager, Engine Maintenance and Cost Optimization, this position is primarily responsible for engine and APU operational lease agreement sourcing, negotiations, execution, and management within the Engine business unit. This position will also be responsible to establish and optimize the lease budget to meet operational requirements of Engine BU in a cost-effective manner. This position will interface with all levels of management and numerous functions across several AC branches.
Responsibilities: (Budget, Impact Influence, Supervisory extend required)
- Lead in the sourcing, preparation, negotiations, execution, financial analysis, and interface with other branches/department for engine and APU operational lease agreements ($50M annually).
- Solicit and review bids for lease engines and coordinate this process with the respective Engine Manager to ensure they meet operational and budget requirements while keeping high standards of reliability and safety.
- Review and approve contracts including amendments to or extension of these contracts
- Pro-actively negotiate lease agreement templates (in advance of operational needs) with existing vendors and potential future lessors.
- Coordinate with planners all activities pertaining to engine and APU leases (e.g. lease engine acceptance and return activities)
- Build relationships with lessors and maintain a current list of available lease assets worldwide in support AOG requirements.
- Provide leadership regarding the understanding and compliance of contractual rights and obligations and provide training as necessary to the operating teams.
- Liaise with numerous internal functions (i.e. Legal, Tax, Insurance, Finance) as well external entities such as existing and potential vendors, other airlines, etc.
- Maintain the departmental database/files of all executed operational lease agreements and ensure files are audit ready.
- Develop, monitor and report KPIs for all operating leases.
- University degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years of experience with contract negotiations and administration, preferably in an aerospace environment.
- Experience working with IATA Master Short-Term Engine Lease Agreement is an asset.
- Available to support off-hour in case of an AOG urgent requirement.
- Superior planning and organization abilities to efficiently manage time, money, and other resources to achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team with minimal supervision and must have strong organizational skills with an aptitude to juggle priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong and effective relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Work, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Familiar with a variety of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.