Does this sound like you? Are you an industrial mechanic looking for a great new opportunity? Do you want to work in an environment that promotes autonomy and trust? Would you like to excel in your role and work towards bigger goals? Would you like to be part of a growing business?
If it does.... Keep reading!
- $33.61 per hour to start and $36.14 after 6 months
- Shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Benefits after 90 days
- Profit sharing after 1 year of service
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Mechanic position will report to the Maintenance supervisor and will require an exceptional safety mindset and technical skills.
- Troubleshoot motors, transmissions, and conveyors in a way to come up with effective repair strategy.
- Operate on basic precision manual machine tools such as; Vertical Milling Machine, Engine Lathe, Hydraulic Press, Key Broach
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Utilize precision measuring tools
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble industrial components
- Install and replace various styles of bearings, bushings, slides following the proper guidelines and standards
- Pump repair and rebuilds with precision alignments
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality, efficiency and availability while minimizing maintenance cost and unscheduled downtime
Experience and Strengths:
- 2 years of work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skill
Ability to commute/relocate:
Newtown, CT: Reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- 8- 12 hour shifts- depending on business needs
- Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays
- Night shift