Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Clamp-Truck Operator provides assistance and support to the Facility, Logistics and Warehouse departments in the day to day operation of moving materials.
- Ensure all safety features on the equipment are working properly
- Stage and segregate product in designated areas; adjusting storage areas according to production and shipping requirements
- Timely notification and delivery of receipts to designated personnel at mill and converting sites
- Inspect incoming inventory and equipment for quality before storing or rerouting. Report all discrepancies, damages and other issues in regard to incoming and outgoing materials.
- Use moving equipment like clamp-trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks to safely and efficient move inventory around the warehouse and shipping facility.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, records and maintaining databases
- Complete daily preventive maintenance checklist on assigned lifts
- Monitoring inventory by completing counts as required
- Packaging inventory for safe shipping
- Assemble containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
Skills & Qualifications
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Experience with SAP & MES preferred
- Must be able to operate different types of mobile equipment: clamp-truck, forklift, scissorlift, etc..
- Continual lifting up to 30lbs
- Working in a fast-paced environment with noise, dust, slippery surfaces, extreme heat/cold, with some exposure to outside elements
- Extended periods of walking, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching at or above shoulder level, stooping, crawling, climbing and kneeling
- Frequent overtime may be required
- Must be available to work primarily night shifts
- PLEASE NOTE: A resume must be included with the application
Why Work at Cascades
- New wage of $20.66 - $22.16 / hour for 2023!
- $2000 referral bonus (For qualified candidates)
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong Company Culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge Career Advancement Opportunities
- PPE Allowance
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.