Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individual to fill position as Facility Maintenance (CRE) Maintenance Helper.
Maintenance Helper should have the following skill sets:
- Candidates must be familiar with procedures and equipment used by tradesmen and should have the ability to perform general maintenance work that requires basic manual skill.
- Work alone or assist mechanics as required in installation or maintenance of facility equipment building maintenance.
- Be able to perform heavy physical work in an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance, and/or automotive, and/or farm or heavy industrial equipment
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Able to pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card (MOT).
- Able to obtain the ADM driver license (DA) to operate motor vehicles in the restricted area traffic zones (airside).
- Be available to workdays, evenings or nights including weekends.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.