Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees throughout North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
Cascades Flexible Packaging (CFP) is located in Mississauga, Ontario. The plant operates on a 24/7 basis with a mix of continental rotating shift work. CFP operates single and multi-layer blown film extruders, as well as, two world-class wide web flexo presses that manufacture printed film for a diverse range of end consumer applications. The plant continuously cultivates its safety program and strives for employee-driven improvements.Compensation & Benefits
- The Company provides employees a full benefits package (includes extended health, dental, life insurance, EFAP, LTD, RRSP etc.).
- Profit sharing scheme for all employees, eligible twice a year
- Company supplies all tools, uniforms and an annual safety boot allowance
- The position offers the opportunity and training to grow
- Specialized training given by technical experts in the industry
- Perform preventative maintenance to machines including, extruders, printing presses, bag machines, folders, core cutters, etc.
- Follow work order requests and respond with efficient completion schedule to limit downtime
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, and troubleshoot, power transmissions, vacuums, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Clean, lubricate and conduct general building maintenance to ensure optimal functioning
- Operate hoists, cranes, jacks, lift trucks and machine tools such as lathes, grinders during installations, overhaul, or setups of machinery
- Use proper lockout/tag out procedures, maintains a clean and safe work environment, follows all company safety standards
- Support department with additional duties assigned by the supervisor
- Certified Industrial Millwright 433A preferred, but not mandatory
- 2 years+ mechanics experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Must be able to work 9-hour days/afternoons, occasional on-call coverage for night shift
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner....