Cascades is a state-of-the-art containerboard in Niagara Falls, NY, and is the only facility of its kind in North America. The division represents a significant part of the industrial resurgence of the Western New York area, and is the Flagship linerboard production facility for Cascades Containerboard Packaging. We are seeking to hire experienced Millwright Mechanics to fill a full time position at one of our Niagara Falls location.
Why work at Cascades?
- World class leader in liner board paper.
- Weekly pay
- $250 perks reimbursement for the tools
- $200 for wellness.
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong company culture
- Profit sharing and 401K options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge career advancement opportunities
- Amazing allowance (computer, clothing, PPE, etc.)
HOURS: 2ND SHIFT rotation is 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off. As the group of employees grows, the rotation will be less frequent from 3:30pm - 12am.
- Perform a variety of duties as assigned to maintain the linerboard machine and the mill’s equipment:
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of mill equipment during unplanned shutdowns and perform scheduled and planned maintenance repairs of equipment
- Execute machining and welding responsibilities as requested. MIG/TIG welding capabilities preferred
- Perform a range of mechanic skills that includes, but is not limited to, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and troubleshooting of the same and other pieces of equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills necessary
- Read and interpret blueprints and manuals to perform required maintenance
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments. Perform refurbishments as requested
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines and equipment throughout the mill
- Safely use all hand and power tools. After onsite training and certification, safely use aerial lift equipment, rigging, fall protection, etc.
- Detect faulty or failing equipment, and report any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with all mill safety responsibilities and maintain clean and orderly work areas. Contribute to enhancing an interdependent safety culture
- Strong communication skills, and a team-player attitude
- Some positions must be available to work 12 hour rotating shifts, weekends and holidays, overtime and call-ins
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an industrial work environment
- Maintenance education or training (Boces, trade school, etc) is ideal
- Comfortable working in warmer environment