Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Working in safe manner at all times
- Install, examine, replace or repair machines in a timely manner
- Perform preventative maintenance to equipment as required, including minor electrical repairs and welding
- Adhere to maintenance schedule/plan – make recommendations for optimizing schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lightning fixtures and other possible electrical components
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Use proper lockout/ tag out procedures when required, never allowing a machine to be operated without proper guarding or when the possibility of injury is evident
- Pre risk job assessments before any uncommon task
- Millwright, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic or related post-secondary education
- Valid 433A License
- Preferred candidates have; Ability to provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks;
- Forklift, scissor lift, welding and other related certification an asset
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Prior work experience in a similar role is required and previous experience in the corrugated industry will be considered an asset
- Workplace located in Vaughan, ON.
- Must be available to work on Continental shifts / Rotating schedule (2 weeks of day shift 7am-7pm and 2 weeks of night shift 7pm-7am)
- Permanent full time position
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men...