Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.Your Challenge!
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, the successful Millwright candidate will be responsible for safe execution of the following functions.Job Responsibilities
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans and using hand and power equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including trouble shooting and repairs to all mill equipment in a timely manner
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations
- Work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality, efficiency and availability while minimizing maintenance cost and unscheduled downtime
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Maintenance Journeyman experience an asset but not mandatory
- Machining, Tig and Stick welding, Hydraulics, Pneumatics
- Able to diagnose mechanical problems and expedite repair
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations and able to work both safely and efficiently
- Able to work a shift rotation including rotating weekend schedule
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 business units located in North America and Europe.