Reporting to the corporate EH&S manager, and serving as EH&S expert, the Multi-Plant Health and Safety Coordinator’s mission is to coordinate the implementation of his or her group's health and safety strategic plan in the plants concerned in accordance with the standards, laws and regulations in force. You stay abreast of best practices and promote the EH&S culture to units’ management, and act as a resource person for the authorities and partners concerned in the event of problems. You also manage the first aid program and support management teams in the implementation of standardized and highly valued EH&S processes, practices and tools in the plants. In this way, you actively contribute to the achievement of your group's business objectives while having a direct influence on the creation of a healthy and safe work environment throughout the company. The Multi-Plant Health and Safety Coordinator will have under it's responsabilities, the 6 CR+ units in British Colombia (Vancouver, Surrey, Nanimo, Prince George, Victoria and Kelowna).
- Promote an EH&S culture among unit management personnel
- Help to implement your group’s strategic plan within the targeted plants as EH&S expert
- Assist in developing of plans for implementation of EH&S practices, processes and tools within the plants and transportation departments
- Support plant management in implementing the EH&S strategy
- Support plant management in implementing the EH&S management system
- Advise the management of the plants concerned about best practices in EH&S
- Support the plants and transportation departments by acting as a resource person with the authorities and partners concerned
- Audit performance indicators and analyze their results
- Define and promote EH&S culture with management
- Ensure compliance with EH&S standards, laws and regulations
- Monitor and share best practices in EH&S throughout the company
- Ensure the continuity of the first aid program and ensure a sufficient number of first aiders
- Assess the locations first aid programs and advise management that the required first aiders are available on each shifts
- Assess location emergency response plan, ensuring a emergency response team is in place and meeting regularly, and assisting in implementing the ERP with the employees.
- Assess locations environmental programs , conducting audits and assessments to help ensure compliance with the company expectations and legal authorities, and audit implementation of the programs.
Experiences and strengths
- Knowledge of EH&S laws and standards
- Must be able to Coach and be a team player
- strong leadership and a good ability to communicate.
- Comfortable being a presence on the floor, as well as presence with the management team
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions
- Ability to translate challenges into concrete solutions
- Keen sense of collaboration to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to support and advise business partners in analyzing their needs and finding solutions
- Ability to deal with change and to propose favourable adaptation conditions
- Ability to support and advise business partners on occupational health and safety issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
Core competencies defined for this jobAdvisory roleChange management*Health and safetyAutonomyContinuous improvementImpact and influence
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.