Here we grow again!
Randstad In-house Services (RIS) supports our clients with high-volume hiring and talent management. We work hand in hand with our client teams to build solutions tailored to their specific business requirements.
Randstad is actively recruiting for an Recruitment/HR Specialist- hybrid to join the team in the Calgary AB Area.
The Recruitment/HR Specialist- hybrid is responsible for the delivery and execution of the in-house program at a trendy client based in Delta as set out by the RIS Operations Team. Managing the day to day operation, this person serves as an extension of the client’s business on-site, in steering the primary functions of our program from recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention, planning and communication (7 working RIS processes) in alignment with the strategic program objectives identified in the RIS business scan.
About the Role:
Recruitment and Selection
- Creating a tailor-made recruitment ladder specific to the client, the client’s region and the client’s industry/sector
- Sourcing candidates through identified recruiting channels (online, job fairs, open houses, community outreach)
- Screen applicants according to the customized client job qualifications, behavioral interviews and skill testing
- Ensure references, background checks, health and safety testing and account compliance are in accordance with client contractual requirements
- Provide legislative labour requirements upon candidate hire and on-boarding
- Execution and delivery of the customized client training and orientation programs
Planning, Retention and Guidance
- Manage workforce and talent pools in a proactive manner to correspond with production needs and plan for upcoming fluctuations
- Execution of RIS Care programs (ex: attendance, employee of the month, quarterly star awards, etc) with the goal of reducing turnover and improving morale, productivity and retention
Communication and Administration
- Coordinate regular meetings with client, workforce, and internal Randstad departments
- Daily completion and accuracy of weekly management report (WMR)
- Accurately completion of weekly temporary worker payroll
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of temporary worker attendance records, employee files
- Present Orientation and Coordination of orientation, health and safety program on client site
- High School graduate
- 2 years of experience recruiting in a fast paced high volume environment
- Intermediate skills with MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to build long-term and trusting business relationships with your clients and your team
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
What makes you great…
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Client focus
- Problem-solving skills
- Passion for results
- Team player
- Multitasking and prioritizing
We look forward to hearing from you!
What makes a job with Randstad so great?
- We’ve been selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Places to Work since 2006!
- Competitive base salary and lucrative bonus structure
- Full health and dental benefits
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, with an increase to 4 weeks after 2 years of service
- Optional RRSP and stock contribution plans with company match
- Flexible working environment and tools that enable you to work from anywhere
- Dynamic working atmosphere- mix of work from on site and from home
- Forward-thinking leadership that’s open to innovation and fresh ideas
- Countless development opportunities to expand your skill set
- Work-life balance is a priority (We celebrate Treat Thursdays & Beverage Fridays every week!)
- Tons of opportunities to advance your career (80% of our leadership hires come from within!)
- Rewards & recognition programs to celebrate top performers (like our annual reward trip to a sunny destination!)
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.