Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 10,000 employees, who work in almost 80 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.Your challenge!
The Bear Island Mill is the newest addition to the Cascades Containerboard Packaging lineup. This state-of-the-art facility will offer one of the lightest high-end, 100% recycled linerboard and medium products on the market. The mill is currently under construction and start-up is scheduled in December 2022.
Reporting to the Senior Controller, the position’s objective is to support the management team in making strategic business decisions and to establish the group’s business strategy in order to contribute to the achievement of financial and operational goals. You will use your expertise to produce the statutory reports and analyses required to prepare your business unit’s financial statements, while ensuring the completeness and reliability of the information produced and communicated. Ultimately, you make relevant recommendations to optimize processes and implement business strategies, thus actively contributing to your sector’s operational and administrative efficiency. We are looking for an exceptional team player, results oriented, resourceful, and motivated individual to join our Finance team in Ashland, VA.
This position provides the opportunity to acquire senior acknowledge and advancement potential. As part of our mentorship program, you will be paired with the existing Senior Plant Controller for at least one year where you will be exposed to various tasks under their responsibility. When the mentoring period is completed and you have gained the necessary knowledge, you will be afforded the opportunity to advance into the Senior Controller role.Individual responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze the information required to prepare the financial statements and management reports for the Business unit. (Month-end process and variance analysis
- Support in the development and monitoring of financial/operational tools and metrics to measure the business profitability and efficiency and make pertinent recommendations.
- Participate to the preparation of the annual budget by GL and cost center and ongoing monthly forecasts vs budget with variance explanations.
- Contribute to the implementation of best business practices and processes; Procure to pay, inventory management, fixed asset management, and cost accounting, while supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Guarantee that the financial information produced is reliable and complete and adhere to the internal control structure to minimize the business risks inherent in operations or fraud (SOX compliance)
- Work in collaboration with different stakeholders, such as Centers of Expertise (COE), Shared Services and the Business unit, to ensure good partnerships and communications with them.
- Foster and promote Cascades' ethical behaviors, culture and values
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- Hold an accounting designation (CPA) - (an asset)
- Have 10 years of experience in management accounting, combined with considerable experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- In-depth analysis capacity (able to address issues and problems by proposing solutions)
- Unparalleled rigour to produce required deliverables
- Ability to support and advise business partners in analyzing their needs or address issues or problems, and finding solutions
- Sense of priority, organization, and efficiency
- Proficiency in Office Suite and advanced mastery of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.