Reporting to the General Manager, the Plant Manager - Succesion's mission is to support the current Plant Manager in establishing the unit’s performance standards and achieving the established objectives by developing an action plan that respects business rules and processes as well as best manufacturing practices. You will be paired with the existing Plant Manager and undergo a 18month to 24months mentoring period where you will be exposed to various department and decision making processes of your assigned plant under the responsibility of the current Plant Manager. When the mentoring period is completed and the Plant Manager -Succession has gained all the necessary knowledge, the candidate will be relocated to the facility requiring a Plant Manager.
You therefore participate in the implementation of specific processes, practices and tools within your unit aimed at optimizing operational efficiency while prioritizing health and safety. You also use your leadership to build a mobilized and competent team and support their production efforts while nurturing a culture of continuous improvement and health and safety. As a result, you promote the achievement of your unit's business objectives by positively influencing the adoption of healthy and safe behaviours, operating costs, performance and production capacity and quality.Your responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of its employees
- Ensure optimal execution of operations by achieving targets in terms of occupational health and safety, production capacity, standardization of operating costs and quality
- Ensure compliance with business processes
- Prepare and execute investment and asset maintenance plans, and meet return on investment targets
- Engage and develop all your employees
- Ensure the execution of the Collective Bargaining Agreement/Employee Handbook and highlight areas for improvement with the union/committee
- Maintain a safe environment for its employees and eliminate risks
- Ensure the application of all of Cascades’ processes in the plant in compliance with business rules and established best practices
- Establish performance standards (availability, efficiency, OEE) in collaboration with the General Manager
- Lead weekly meetings with your team and SUs to analyze KPIs, and discuss and launch required action plans
- Collaborate in the implementation of optimization projects specific to your unit
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineer will be considered an asset
- Extensive experience in management in the manufacturing environment
- Leadership and a collaborative spirit that inspire and engage teams to achieve excellence
- Willingness to relocate after the mentorship period
- Ability to understand customer needs, issues and interests in order to develop solutions that support their experience
- Sound judgment to ensure follow-up and effective implementation of solutions in accordance with company priorities and to make appropriate decisions
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 business units located in North America and Europe.