Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. At Air Canada, we are passionate about building great product experiences that help our customers travel the world. As we continue to grow the company into a global champion, product management and IT is playing a leading role in all aspects of our customer’s journey. As a part of that growth, we are not only investing in what we build and how we build it, but the culture we are building around it as well.
Air Canada seeks a highly motivated, detail orientated Product Manager to join the IT team at Air Canada. The ideal candidate interfaces with Air Canada business groups to identify and prioritize business requirements. This individual must be customer centric and have a passion for the travel industry and an in-depth knowledge for creating innovative and high-performance experiences. They also must be comfortable in working in a high paced, high energy, collaborative environment with a focus on a continuous product delivery model.
- Create and manage the program and release roadmaps that align to business goals and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Act as the key IT liaison across all functional areas, including business units, IT, and external vendors for airline operational business areas
- Create successful relationships with business and being trusted advisors on issues and aspects related to IT
- Lead and mentor a team of 2-4 product owners to build industry leading digital experiences.
- Be comfortable with leading by influence to drive outcomes in a cross-matrix team
- Manage key business stakeholder relationships and work with Business Owners to define experiences that deliver on key business outcomes and goals
- Own vision, roadmap, and prioritization for Program Increment planning activities along with continuous improvement opportunities for your area
- Define, Prioritize, and Manage feature backlog for your portfolio and communicate that vision with agile delivery teams
- Set PI (Product Increment) objectives, define release and program increments
- Work with Solution Managers, Release Train Engineers, and System Architects to ensure capabilities, technical requirements and release planning meets long term goals
- Provide technology specific financial inputs related to a key functional area
- Identify and drive new ways of working together using new processes and tools
- Prepare presentations and actively participate in meetings with senior leadership across the company to communicate roadmap, new features, and data
- Business case creation and potentially budget ownership
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of analyst or product management experience
- Ability to energize people in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience leading a team of product owners or business analysts and product designers
- Ability to provide clear direction and effective communication both in technical and business terms
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things
- Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the future direction of the organization
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities
- Strong management, organizational and planning skills
- Strong understanding of at least one type of Agile process (SCRUM, SAFe, etc)
- Experience with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with participating in product discovery sessions
- Airline or Travel Industry (Commercial, Loyalty, Operations, Cargo, Call Center) experience is a plus
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted