Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. At Air Canada, we are passionate about building great product experiences that help our customers travel the world. As we continue to grow the company into a global champion, product management and IT is playing a leading role in all aspects of our customer’s journey. As a part of that growth, we are not only investing in what we build and how we build it, but the culture we are building around it as well. Air Canada seeks a highly motivated, detail orientated product owner to join the Air Canada IT team. The ideal candidate is responsible for bringing together the business and technical aspects of any given solution. The successful individual must be customer centric and have a passion for the travel industry and must be comfortable working in a high paced, high energy, collaborative environment with a focus on a continuous product delivery model. Responsibilities:
- Build, Manage, and Prioritize the day-to-day backlog of user stories
- Collaborate with quality assurance, designers, and developers to ensure stories meet the definition of done
- Work as a primary point of contact on story elaboration, grooming, and story acceptance.
- Coordinate with other Product owners and Product managers to ensure dependencies are accounted for and enablers are properly prioritized
- Work across Branches to ensure dependencies are well understood and documented
- Work with Product Manager on Program planning and roadmap
- Communicate across various workstreams and stakeholders outside of the Agile development team
- Support initiatives for new ways of working together using new processes and tools; be a change agent for your peers.
- Create successful relationships with business and be a trusted point person on issues and aspects related to IT
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions including Business Cases where required
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of analyst experience
- Strong management, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and document solutions to complex problems
- Airline or Travel Industry (Commercial, Loyalty, Operations, Cargo, Call Center) experience is a plus
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.