Our Labour Pool workforce provides support with various tasks from general clean-up to vacation and training relief of our full time permanent staff. Extensive training is provided to ensure employees are qualified and safe to perform the work and continuous training allows these folks to move through the progressions of our positions. We are looking for safety-minded team players that are eager to work and learn.
Why work at Cascades
- Dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth
- Mentoring with experienced professionals
- The possibility of working in a large multinational
- Competitive compensation as well as a wide range of attractive benefits
- A workplace of the future where we build a greener world
The labour pool position may be trained mill utility, paper machines and yard relief
The hours of work for this position vary but are typically on a 12 hour continental shift. The starting rate for this position is currently $21/hr.
Your Background and Strengths
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and possess a strong safety focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Available and flexible to work all shifts including overtime
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.
Job Segment: Industrial, Paper, Manufacturing