Reporting to the Manager, the Quality Coordinator’s mission is to participate in the realization of his or her unit's business strategy by contributing to the action plans’ development as an expert in quality assurance and continuous improvement. You rigorously carry out quality tests, test plans and audits in accordance with the various programs’ quality standards in effect. You also collaborate with operations supervisors in tools’ development that promote a culture of continuous improvement in the unit. In this way, you actively contribute to the optimization of your unit’s operational efficiency.
Why work at Cascades
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Weekly Pay
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong Company Culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge Career Advancement Opportunities
- PPE Allowance
- Ensure compliance and conformity with established quality standards
- Perform quality testing or have it performed
- Apply and enforce quality standards in accordance with established programs (ISO, ONE Certification, BRC, HACCP, etc.)
- Train all employees on the various quality standards to be respected
- Establish and monitor testing and audit plans (who, what, when, how)
- Interact daily with operations supervisors following line audits
Experiences and strengths
- Extensive knowledge of continuous improvement concepts
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to overcome ambiguous and complex situations
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
Core competencies defined for this jobPlanning and organizingPerseveranceTeamworkRigourContinuous improvementImpact and influence
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.