Are you looking to join a world class manufacturing company?
Reporting to the Plant or Production Manager, the Scheduler’s mission is to implement the plant's production plan in order to maximize available resources, optimize inventories and ensure its ability to meet customer demand. You ensure the supply of production materials by planning material requirements and purchase requisitions. You communicate any changes to the production schedule to the production planner and the logistics department and find alternative solutions to address production variances. As a result, you guarantee the quality of customer service and maximize the plant's production and yield potential.
Why work for Cascades
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Weekly Pay
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong Company Culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge Career Advancement Opportunities
- PPE Allowance
- Coordinate all production scheduling activities to maximize plant efficiencies while respecting customer requirements and minimizing waste;
- Coordinate and purchase outside sheets for upcoming orders;
- Follow up with sheet suppliers to ensure orders are on time and in full;
- Participate in operational decisions and collaborate with customer service, production and logistics to optimize the production plan;
- Communicate with production and maintenance regarding machine availability and adjust accordingly;
- Encourage practices that are in line with our customer-centric business model and take initiative with continuous improvement;
Experiences and strengths
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- College diploma/degree in planning, supply chain or equivalent
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and SAP
- Good analytical skills, accountability and problem solving ability
- Good resource management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with planning and plant team regarding issues
- Ability to carry out a number of projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines.
- Collaborative spirit needed to work closely with all team members.
- Customer-centric approach.
Core competencies defined for this jobPlanning and organizingClient-focusFlexibility and ability to adaptTeamworkRigourAutonomy
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.