Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Provide Administrative Support to the Vice-President, System Operations Control Branch of Air Canada. The ideal candidate will be a team player with meticulous work standards, possess basic project management skills, be able to multitask and have exemplary interpersonal skills.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative guidance and support.
- Maintain efficient flow of procedures/processes.
- Direct handling of confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, etc.
- Manage all correspondence, internal and external, respond as required and as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings both locally and at remote locations, i.e. book conference rooms, meeting notices, hotels and flight, etc.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute meeting material, e.g., agenda, reports, etc.
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust schedule based on priorities.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required.
- Create/maintain contact lists and spreadsheets.
- Complete expense reports.
- Manage vacation, attendance for group as required.
- Monitor and provide updates on departmental budget.
- Maintain accurate records & filing of records.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
- Proactively follow up with team members to ensure that all deliverables are achieved in real time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high-school diploma or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in providing administrative support in an upper-management capacity.
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability.
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement.
- Ability to multi-task never sacrificing quality.
- Proven customer orientation and ability to work with various client levels.
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Familiarity with the airline industry, an asset.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion.
- Some limited travel may be required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.