Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking experienced and dynamic Senior Analyst to join the Application Development and Maintenance team for Human Resource applications including multiple employee facing products using various technologies. Its portfolio covers the learning management system, the employee portal, the employee travel site, the employee mobile app and other employees facing applications and tools. As a Senior Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance you are expected to develop, deliver and maintain applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications. This role requires collaboration with a diverse internal workforce and extended third party service providers to create the future business application support model for our world class airline brand. This individual must be user journey centric and an in-depth knowledge for creating innovative and high-performance digital experiences. These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape in the company. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow. This position will be reporting to the Manager, Application Development & Maintenance. Responsibilities
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved operational performance in the Air Canada HR ADM Space.
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate the results of the analysis and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate into business requirements.
- Lead and support Agile methodology.
- Support with creating business cases.
- Support planning and monitoring processes.
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions.
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes.
- Work closely with vendor partners in the HR space.
- Support Project Management through planning, monitoring & delivery phases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues.
- Apply effective coding practices for error-free timely release.
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures.
- 5 -7 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company working in the HR systems environment.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of at least one type of Agile process.
- Experience with SDLC tools like JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, and MSFT TFS.
- Self-motivated and independent worker.
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to following processes and directives.
- Knowledge with User Acceptance Testing, Quality assurance testing, and has impact assessments skills.
- Experience with understanding analytics reports from tools like Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or PowerBI.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft fluid an asset.
- Prior experience with Quality Assurance an asset.
- Airline or Travel Industry experience an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.