Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Senior Analyst, Cybersecurity Risk will be working in a fast paced and innovative environment for one of North America’s top airlines. The position requires information gathering, analytics aptitude and problem-solving skills. The Senior Analyst acts as a security and risk subject matter expert and provides guidance concerning IT risks and security assessments for Air Canada and its affiliates.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Risk
- Advise on identification of cyber risks, communication, and development of best practices, and implementation of mitigating controls, consistent with company strategy, policies or procedures.
- Support the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolios.
- (Similar to first bullet point) Tracks risks and contributes to the development and improvement of Air Canada GRC tool.
- Support in the planning, development, monitoring and implementation of IT Risk practices and processes.
- Provide expertise in the definition, selection and implementation of IT Security related controls.
- Coordinate with operational groups and business units to set up and implement various cybersecurity controls and measures.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, monitoring and maintenance of information security standards, policies and protocols to ensure organizational infrastructure, data and resources are protected from unauthorized and inappropriate use or access.
- Act as the subject matter expert on behalf of the Cyber Security Risk team.
- Support the delivery of cyber capabilities for Air Canada.
- Generate risk reports for IT administrators and business managers.
- Inspires motivate and train team members to follow and achieve organizational security standards and risk management practices.
- Collect, analyze, and review data from multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- Build relationships throughout the organization to enhance and support our focus on safe, secure, and reliable operations.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 4-6 years of IT technology with minimum 3 years in an IT Security role or operations in a large company
- Extensive information security understanding and knowledge
- Knowledge of GRC tools (Archer, MetricStream, ServiceNow or others)
- Certification in Risk Management or Analysis (FAIR) (recommended)
- Certification in Information Security (CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM) practices and policies (recommended)
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving (Critical thinking)
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
- Ability to travel and work effectively with remote teams
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.