Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Senior Analyst, Data & Analytics, lead will be responsible for leading the technical aspects of data projects and business projects that have a data component and establishing and documenting technical standards and best practices. This role is responsible for documenting, delivering, and maintaining data specifications and practice of applications following the introduction of new projects. This is to be accomplished by adhering to Air Canada’s architecture, business requirements, templates, and standards to ensure a high-quality analysis is maintained throughout. The incumbent will constantly update the practices to enhance the evolution of our data ecosystem. This position will be reporting to the Manager, Data & Analytics. Responsibilities:
- Analyze business objectives and develop data solutions to meet customer needs
- Determine root cause for data integrity gaps and provide appropriate data resolution and process remedy solutions
- Develop innovative and effective approaches to solve business problems through data analytics approaches and communicate results and methodologies
- Design and administer data collection tools, clean, merge and manage existing data sets as well as establish and maintain data quality procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data
- Provide the appropriate data mapping for the ETL specifications and/or for various data ingestion processes
- Define and document data dependencies and data flow diagrams of the solution developed
- Initiate data analysis and identify strategic opportunities that creates a positive impact on business
- Recognized as a key technical resource in the team and will lead, guide, and mentor team members when needed, this includes helping to improve the team through code reviews, testing, documentation, and technical guidance
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved business and operational performance
- Responsible for working within a sub-functional area to ensure synergistic collaboration and attain shared goals
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Responsible for actively supporting the development and enhancement of processes, priorities, and goals for a functional area
- 6-8 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Certifications in Big Data Hadoop, Data Management and Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
- Ability to act as a leader facing the ETL developers, the BI developers, and the different stakeholders
- Capable of solving complex problems by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the organization.
- Able to approach a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.