Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.Your challenge!
Reporting to the Finance Director, you are responsible for generating, maintaining and analyzing reports and data for monthly business unit reviews and business process improvements. We are looking for an exceptional team player, results oriented, resourceful and motivated individual to join our Finance team in Lancaster, NY. Preference may be given to candidate with manufacturing industry experience.Your responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts including detailed analysis of fluctuations and variances as compared to the actual results or previous forecast
- Provide cost and general ledger accounting support during month end
- Analyze and provide recommendation on perpetual and periodic inventories such as cut offs, controls and reconciliations
- Support in the development and monitoring of financial/operational metrics to measure the business profitability and efficiency while communicating effectively the recommended solutions for problem areas to management
- Conduct due diligence related to all business administrational and accounting topics including accounting diligence and financial model review
- Maintain and update planning models, tools and processes to reflect current and future changes to the business as new information is acquired
- Understand and maintain Internal controls in line with our SOX compliance model
- Support the development and monitoring of financial/operational metrics to measure the business segment’s profitability and efficiency. Communicate to management recommended solutions for problem areas
- Involved in the manufacturing, logistic and operations planning from a financial perspective
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 year experience as an analyst or similar position
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills specifically V-lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Capable of handling multiple database systems and complex data compilation
- Experience with Construction in Progress (CIP)/Capex project cost management is a definite asset
- Knowledge of accrual based accounting and standard cost principals
- Strong operational finance knowledge and problem-solving skills with independent judgment to deal with ambiguity
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to achieve company goals
- Results-oriented contributor with demonstrated business acumen
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 business units located in North America and Europe....