Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.Your challenge!
Reporting to the Plant Managers on the Niagara Falls Campus, the HR Manager’s mission is to contribute to the achievement of his or her unit’s objectives by ensuring a competent and engaged workforce is available to support our operation needs. You therefore manage the HR team and participate actively on your unit’s Management Committees and collaborate with the HR centers of expertise and shared services to maximize operational efficiency. You apply HR best practices within your units, including succession management, workforce planning, compensation, union engagement and negotiation, training and skills development to meet business needs and objectives. Finally, you assists with business processes and support supervisors in managing their employees. As a result, you contribute to the development of a committed, high-performing workforce that is aligned with Cascades' business strategy, values and culture.Your responsibilities
- Efficiently plan workforce requirements, including succession, in line with the investment and operating budgets
- Establish the necessary training plan for employee development
- Provide coaching to the supervisors in establishing objectives and compensation, reviewing performance and building a skills development plan for all employees
- Oversee labour relations management in a unionized and non unionized environment
- Apply the company policies and business processes
- Handle workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures
- Support with Health and safety programs, report on workplace health and safety compliance
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation of the workforce
- Proactively identifying opportunities and assessing improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to meet business objectives
- Actively participating in the recruitment of a skilled and engaged workforce and onboarding efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience, preferably as an HR Generalist or other HR role
- Superior operational abilities and extensive knowledge of the various aspects of human resources: compensation and benefits management, health management, talent management, etc.
- Ability to support and advise business partners in analyzing their needs and finding solutions
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solution
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, change management, coaching and communications.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment is considered an asset
- Proven experience as a trusted partner in all levels of the organization and positively influence teams
- Proven planning and organizational skills, process and results oriented
- Excellent overall adaptability and flexibility
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 business units located in North America and Europe.