Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Digital Product Design Lead will evolve the product design discipline and integrate it into our digital product organization. They will lead, mentor, and grow a team of full-time, contract and partner-vendor product designers, design, and build industry-leading digital experiences across our Air Canada and Aeroplan digital channels that delight customers and help grow our business.
- Partner with product managers to lead discovery and definition of new products and services for our digital channels
- Scale design resources according to digital product team demands, ensure deadlines are met, and team members are set up for success by setting clear and measurable goals and providing group and 1:1 coaching.
- Collaborate with digital product managers, product owners, engineers, designers, company leaders, and business partners to deliver great experiences (prototyping, research and testing, accessibility, interaction, and visual design)
- Uncover insights, identify gaps, and help inform product roadmaps leveraging usability testing, user research, and analytics.
- Present, influence and collaborate with junior, executive stakeholders and partners on designing product experiences for our digital channels
- Define the product design practice and operations (design system, practice guild, style guides, pattern libraries, hiring and growing people etc.)
- Hire and grow a diverse and inclusive team, coach and help them grow in their craft.
- Evolve the teams' expertise in the product design discipline (Product thinking, design, facilitation)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent design education) with 5+ years of relevant work experience (Product Design- Designing and launching complex digital experiences – Web/mobile apps, powered by microservices/APIs) & 1-2 years' experience as a digital product design lead is an asset
- A deep understanding of inclusive design to create and advocate for accessible experiences
- An understanding of modern web and mobile app design patterns and emerging trends
- Experience leading and motivating a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to provide clear direction and effective communication both in technical and business terms
- Experience coaching, influencing and directly managing product designers
- Experience with product discovery, definition, and delivery frameworks
- Understanding of at least one type of Agile process (SCRUM, SAFe, etc.)
- Experience with Sketch Cloud, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), inVision, Zeplin and other design tools
- Airline or Travel Industry experience a plus, but not required
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted