Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. This role will drive the strategy and lead a team for the commercial growth of Air Canada Cargo’s Global eCommerce program. The purpose of this role is to develop and maintain strong business relationships with Canadian eCommerce businesses and expand our relationships with strategic partners. In addition, you will also be responsible for the forecasting, planning and achievement of the commercial revenue targets. This person will report to the Director of Global eCommerce and will lead a team of Sales professionals focused on finding creative ways to secure new business relationships and ensure maximum profitability with these new lines of business. This role will be responsible for both prospecting for new opportunities as well as maintaining an ongoing customer portfolio. Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead both the eCommerce sales teams for Air Canada Cargo’s Global eCommerce team to achieve customer acquisition and revenue targets.
- Build out a long-term eCommerce Commercial pipeline that generates $50M to $75M in total revenue for the Cargo department.
- Develop the commercial vision and targeted market segments for Air Canada Cargo.
- Lead the commercial strategy specific to forecasting, budgeting and human resource decisions that impact the organization including recruitment and onboarding of new employees within the business development team.
- Lead the development and work in collaboration with the marketing and product teams to develop unique product offerings.
- Design and implement customer centric or creative strategies for new customer business partners in the eCommerce space.
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports.
- Review, understand and take action regarding commercial and revenue results on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Act as a liaison between direct reports and Senior leadership.
- Provide regular customer, industry, and market feedback to Executive leadership.
- Provides leadership ensuring that performance is aligned with the mission and values of the organization.
- This is an active selling role. It will lead by example by driving positive outcomes and elevating the performance of others.
- Work closely with and provide regular feedback to colleagues for customer success and to drive successful growth strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, Operations, IT, Finance, Customer Service etc.
- Act as the primary interface between Air Canada Cargo and our strategic eCommerce partners (e.g., MSS Platforms).
- Work with Air Canada Cargo Partners to drive the strategy for First and Final Mile
- Support the marketing team to develop and implement forward thinking marketing campaigns.
- Effectively develop and manage sales plan by setting weekly/monthly/quarterly goals and objectives.
- Perform weekly/monthly/quarterly updates with direct reports to ensure team is tracking towards target
- Responsible for prioritizing tasks, utilizing time effectively and efficiently and taking full advantage of available resources.
- Attend relevant industry events, trade shows and partner events to increase visibility for R with key groups and eCommerce industry leaders.
- Ability to deftly navigate complex internal and external customer relationships. Able to drive change through relationship building and effective communication.
- Create and prepare regular customer review and strategic sales development presentations.
- Present to all levels of management (as required) within Air Canada and to external customers
- Strong understanding of the Canadian and cross border eCommerce industry and market segments
- Commercial Sales experience with proven success in meeting/exceeding measurable sales targets/quotas
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities
- Strong negotiating skills
- Results oriented
- Motivated self starter that can work with minimal supervision
- Willing to provide support to areas that fall outside their direct scope
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information
- Proven time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands
- Ability to travel
- Proficiency with applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, and SalesForce CRM
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset
- Experience working at a Startup is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.