Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for defining, prioritizing new features for a portfolio (consisting of multiple products) across Air Canada’s customer facing digital touchpoints. This individual must be experienced in leading a team of product owners and/or product managers and comfortable in communicating features and data with stakeholders at various levels in the organization. Responsibilities:
- Define, Prioritize, and Manage feature roadmap for one portfolios (e.g. flight shopping or manage booking) and communicate that vision with agile delivery teams
- Own vision, roadmap, and prioritization for Program Increment planning activities across multiple pods
- Create and manage the program and release roadmaps that align to digital program goals and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) across multiple portfolios within Digital product team
- Have experience directly leading and mentoring a team of 2-4 product owners or product managers.
- Lead digital product discovery sessions to build out and optimize new digital experiences
- Have experience and comfort in leading others by influence
- Manage key business stakeholder relationships and work with Business Owners to define digital experiences that deliver on key business outcomes and goals
- Understand and stay current on the digital, retail, and technology trends to understand their potential impact on our industry and Air Canada and apply learnings within AC
- Identify and drive new ways of working together using new processes and tools
- Prepare presentations and actively participate in meetings with senior leadership across the company to communicate roadmap, new features, and data
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of product management experience focused on digital products.
- Solid experience in delivering complex digital experiences and solutions
- Demonstratable experience with product discovery
- Experience leading a team of product owners or business analysts and product designers
- Ability to energize people in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Expert understanding of digital design guidelines across multiple touch points
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities
- Excellent management, organizational and planning skills
- Strong understanding of at least one type of Agile process (SCRUM, SAFe, etc)
- Experience with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Airline or Travel Industry experience a plus, but not required
- Coding or design experience a plus, but not required
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.