Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Set up Operator is responsible for assisting the Operators with production, set-up, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations. There are ample opportunities to get involved, learn, and grow with Cascades.
- Obtain order and verify stock specifications and condition;
- Responsible for all production activities involved including set-up, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations;
- Complete necessary administrative duties and reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Perform production tasks requiring hand movements, standing, lifting, moving and packing materials;
- Turn in maintenance orders to supervisor for repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment;
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including conduct, Health & Safety and maintaining good housekeeping, as well as all government regulations;
- Assist second and/or third operators with job duties on machine;
- Perform additional duties related to or not related to this job classification as assigned and instructed by supervisor
- Minimum 1-2 years of prior machine operating experience mandatory;
- Must be able to read and understand instructions and possess basic reading and computer skills;
- Must be able to lift at least 35lbs;
- Safety, efficiency and quality are of top concern;
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety Rules and Regulations;
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and execute results, which will promote customer satisfaction;
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, courteous manner;
- Accuracy and attention to detail will ensure the candidate’s success in this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift timing: 1:55 pm – 9:55 pm
Salary: $ 20.36 / hr
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.