The Shift Supervisor’s mission is to achieve the operational efficiency objectives associated with his or her unit's business strategy by optimizing available resources, rigorously applying business processes and establishing an effective communication system.
- Meet production standards
- Engage and develop all your employees
- Ensure compliance with business processes and ONE Certification standards
- Ensure quality targets are met
- Manage non-standard products
- Ensure the accuracy of operation parameters and provide MRP values
- Carry out workforce planning and ensure approval of hours worked
- Ensure training coordination (upon hiring and on an ongoing basis)
- Ensure constant communication with employees (floor rounds, logbooks, etc.)
- Coordinate follow-up meetings to ensure targets are met and employees are held accountable
- Carry out monthly OHS audits as well as accident investigations and analyses
- Monitor OHS improvements and adjustments
- Address target shortfalls (KPIs) and coordinate applicable action plans
- Plan and coordinate continuous improvement activities
- Support teams in problem solving
- Support your scheduler in establishing the optimal sequence for product production within the time frame established on the basis of business rules
- Ensure the management of transactions in the computerized operations management system in accordance with business rules
- Confirm and resolve anomalies in the computerized operations management system
Experiences and strengths
- Extensive experience in supervision and the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing (an asset)
- Leadership and a collaborative spirit that inspire and engage teams to achieve excellence
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong listening skills to quickly understand needs and issues
- Ability to act and react quickly while working on a number of files at the same time
- Leadership to cultivate a culture of OHS accountability
- Sound judgment and the courage to make the necessary decisions
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
Core competencies defined for this jobManagerial courageFlexibility and ability to adapt*Health and safetyActive listeningTeam leadershipAction-based focus
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.