Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Specialist, Data & Analytics – BI leads Business Intelligence projects, by understanding the requirements, analyze and collect requisite data, design & develop BI solutions and provide ongoing support of to the business. This is to help deliver effective insights and drive decision making within the organization. They will follow effective data policies, standards, guidelines, and usage of data within the organization. Responsibilities:
- Analyze business objectives and develop data solutions to meet customer needs.
- Design & Develop data visualization solutions derived from multiple data sources, using right tools to enable insight and decision-making at various levels of the organization.
- Design and develop semantic layers / data marts which are conducive to reporting needs of different line of businesses in Air Canada.
- Develop data visualizations for key business metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Define and document data dependencies and data flow diagrams of the solution developed, e.g. between source and systems consuming the data, as well as the logical processes and interfaces with other systems.
- Initiate data analysis and identify strategic opportunities that creates a positive impact on business.
- Provide technical oversight and recommendations on data infrastructure (on-premises and Cloud) and BI tool configuration to project teams.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are developed and clearly communicated.
- Determine root cause for data integrity gaps and provide appropriate data resolution and process remedy solutions.
- Develop innovative and effective approaches to solve business problems through data analytics and communicate results and methodologies.
- Design and administer data collection tools, clean, merge and manage existing data sets as well as establish and maintain data quality procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Develop code that is reusable, easily testable, and highly efficient.
- Analyze and resolve technical and applications issues.
- Play an active role in projects-related activities. Work with the team and cross-team members to design, develop, debug, release and deploy production quality products.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of test plans when needed.
- Actively contribute to the continuous enhancement of the team, by bringing new ideas and solutions on how to improve the applications, the processes, the delivery, the communication, etc.
- Provide technical and operational inputs to Business Governance and Operational Management Committees where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science). An advanced degree in a related area, an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a large company querying and manipulating datasets.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing and developing BI solutions (Relevant certifications are an asset).
- Expertise in creation of datasets, data models, BI reports in Webfocus and Power BI..
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and demonstrated ability to apply SQL creatively to a wide variety of business requirements.
- Experience in tool migration of BI reports would be an asset.
- Ability and interest in data analysis.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skill.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders.
- Client-focused professional approach.
- Openness to different and new ways of doing things.
- Ability to work in a team environment while also demonstrating initiative and independence.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.