Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Technical Product Manager for the Customer Notification Platform manages the customer notification platform, ensuring that it meets customer requirements and is optimized for scalability, usability, and performance. This role oversees the customer notification platform's development, deployment, and maintenance. The Technical Product Manager will be expected to understand the customer's and business stakeholders' needs and requirements and then develop and implement solutions to meet those needs. The Technical Product Manager should be knowledgeable in software development, system architecture, customer requirements, and product management. They should also have excellent communication and organizational skills. This position will report to the Director, Digital Platforms. Functional Accountabilities
The responsibilities of a Technical Product Manager for Customer Notification Platform include:
- Work with stakeholders to define customer requirements and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Oversee the development, deployment, and maintenance of the customer notification platform
- Ensuring the customer notification platform is optimized for scalability, usability, and performance.
- Ensuring the customer notification platform meets privacy and security requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and business stakeholders, to develop and execute the product roadmap.
- Leverage and implement event-driven system design to gather and orchestrate information from multiple sources to ultimately deliver notifications by email, text message, and push notification.
- Collaborate closely with development teams to ensure technical feasibility and timely delivery of product features.
- Manage and prioritize technical backlog items and ensure the team delivers value promptly.
- Develop and understand the technical landscape and industry trends, including emerging technologies and best practices.
- Define and measure technical performance indicators (KPIs) to track product performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop technical documentation and training materials for the product.
- Monitor usage of the notifications and provide support when needed.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure customer requirements are met.
The ideal candidate for a Technical Product Manager for Customer Notification Platform should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8-10 years of IT technology, operations, and leadership experience in a large company
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical product management role.
- Experience with customer requirements gathering and working with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of software development and system architecture
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with product management and/or customer engagement
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying customer notification platforms.
- Experience with privacy and security requirements for customer notification platforms
- Knowledge of customer experience and user interface design
- Knowledge of mobile messaging, push notifications, and related technologies.
- Familiarity with data analysis and data visualization tools
- Experience and proficiency in cloud computing, including working with cloud-based tools and software such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), managing AWS cloud environments, and securing AWS-based resources.
- Any qualifications or certifications related to AWS technologies are a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion: Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.