what it's like to be a recruiter
My day starts out in our office with a morning meeting to assess needs and progress on the book of business generated by our account managers. Next the search for candidates begins.
I process applications from our website, as well as outside vendors. I spend most of my day searching for and calling candidates. My job is to provide account managers with a pipeline of candidates to generate business and growth.
what i do on a daily basis
- build candidate relationships
- match candidates with jobs
- work with account managers
- screen and interview candidates
- evaluate candidate strengths
- source candidates that meet clients' needs
- manage contractors and relationships
why work with randstad?
As one of Canada's Great Places to Work for 10+ years , there's no shortage of great things to say.
- competitive salary and commission structure
- health and dental benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation from your first day
- optional RRSP and stock matching
- flexible working environment
- forward-thinking leadership, open to ideas
- ongoing training and development
- celebrate Treat Thursdays & Beer Fridays!
- employee perk program and discounts
- 80% of promotional hires are made within
- rewards to celebrate top performers
how i make a difference
I'm the person who works with job seekers on a daily basis to help them find a job that's the right match for them. At the end of the day, I'm helping dedicated, hardworking people find a job that they might not have without my assistance.
will you fit in at randstad?
Being a recruiter requires people skills. Successful recruiters are able to strike up a conversation with anyone and excel at online research. We look for:
- a degree in business, HR or a related field
- excellent customer service skills
- 2-3 years in a sales-driven role (preferred)
- flawless communication skills
- people who are metrics-driven
- people who thrive when challenged
We believe your career is more than a job. Through your work, you make a meaningful contribution to society. Every day is an opportunity to make a positive impact. Whether you’re helping a client find the perfect employee to expand their business, or guiding a job seeker in finding a job they love, you’re always looking for small (and not-so-small) ways you can make a difference.
Randstad is looking for bright, innovative individuals who share our passion for improving the world of work. If you’re interested in being a part our vision, we welcome your application.