what are the top challenges CIOs are facing in 2023?
Over the past few years, technology projects, budgets, and staffing grew. However, a rapidly digitizing workplace comes hand-in-hand with increased IT vulnerabilities. The huge leap forward in technology adoption as a result of the pandemic has also ushered in higher tech expectations. And the pressure to stay ahead of the curve has been inflamed by widespread digital skills shortages.
In an era of continual disruption, the role of CIO is evolving rapidly. CIOs must amplify their impact to lead IT beyond the function, partnering with C-suite peers to accelerate digital business models, enable the future of work and drive business growth.
We surveyed over 750 IT decision-makers based in the United States and Canada to better understand their challenges and plans.
delivering transformation in turbulent times
Our research revealed stunning data:
- Over a third of respondents doubt their organization’s ability to successfully deliver on key initiatives – and two fifths have had low success to date
- 25 percent of organizations are not satisfied with their direction, blaming elements including poor system performance, outdated technology and under-delivery by outsourced vendors
- Talent shortages and reskilling needs are holding back digital transformation plans at the majority of companies
- Data-driven decision-making is climbing up the agenda, set to become the top priority for businesses in the next five years
- Cybersecurity, ongoing supply chain disruption, and the wider economic environment are the top concerns keeping CIOs awake at night
IT leaders must reassess their business and technology strategies and realign them to address rapidly evolving business and economic concerns.
want to learn more?
download the guide to access the full survey resultsget the guide
With in-depth knowledge of the IT industry built over decades of experience in the market, we provide guidance to CIOs with the decisions they will need to take today and tomorrow.
In the guide you will find insights on:
- delivering successful transformation and the impact of current market dynamics
- future-proofing your organization and the evolving role of the CIO
- workforce trends and the demand for talent
download the digital transformation report 2023.
In this report, you will find the most noteworthy data and insights from our research to help CIOs meet three key objectives: delivering a successful transformation; future-proofing the business; and building a talent strategy that takes workforce trends.